Saturday, June 13, 2009

Busy, Busy and the Mall...What?

We started off this busy day by visiting Great-Grandpop. He is recovering from a recent fall and hopes to go home soon after some more rehab. He looked great and has not lost his sense of humor. He told us three really funny jokes. Bobby loved visiting him because he got to watch the birds, play the piano, and eat warm cookies and muffins.


Our next stop on our busy day was Discover Mills Mall. What, the mall. Some of you may not know that I am not a big shopper and try to limit my visits to the mall. I average about 2 to 3 visits a year. So, why would I choose to take the whole family with me. I had a haircut scheduled for today and did not have time to take the family home before the appointment. Jason and the kids hung out in the Bass Pro Shop while I got my haircut. Then we had lunch as a family and rode the carousel. I did do some shoe shopping for the kids. My new favorite find is the CROCS outlet. Below is a short video of Bobby riding the train. He is growing up so fast. Last year he would not ride alone.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I avoid Discover Mills because of that train!!! Zach pitches MAJOR fits to ride it every time! :-)

Andrea said...

Thanks so much for telling me about that Crocs outlet! I can't wait to show you the two pairs I bought today for a grand total of $16!!!!

Goodrow Gang said...

One of your three visits...take me, take me take me!

The Rempe Family said...

This was a great idea to incorporate the mall trip with your haircut and though we frequent Discover Mills for the Bass Pro Shops visits, I had no idea they had the carousel as I usually avoid the food court area. That makes it more fun or something to avoid...